CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Shenipsit Lake 5/25
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevius86

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Shenipsit Lake 5/25 Reply with quote

Hey guys! It's been a while but life had been busy. Anyway, to my report. Hit up Shenipsit Sunday morning about 9am. It was warm but kind of cloudy. I started in the designated fishing area cove. I was using a craw dad spinner, and watermelon senko Texas rigged. No bites but I saw plenty of sunfish in the shallows and some feeding on the top. After about a hour of no action I walked up to the rocky point at the opening of the Cove where it gets deeper. The water is high enough to submerge the entire rocky point but it's still accessible. First cast using a Rapala X Rap, jerk and pause retrieve BAM! I get a hit. Strong hit and the fish broke the surface twice. A nice smallmouth about 6 lbs 12 oz SHORT OF THE RECORD. Haha I mean the record smallie wad caught at the Snip and I'm trying to break it . Nothing after that but it seems the area to concentrate is the rocky point at the opening of the cove [/URL]
Stevius86

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the top of area #2 is where I was
anointed130

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that lake as well. I have only caught one smallie there in the past as well. It's a beautiful lake. I want to try fishing at area 2.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: