CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Shetucket river salmon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snakebite

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Shetucket river salmon Reply with quote

Does any one have any pointers on how to hook those krafty salmon in the Shetucket river? Confused I pounded the heck out of that thing last year and I saw alot of salmon but only mananged to hook one and ended up loseing it Sad

snakebite
snakebite

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone? Confused

snakebite
bigoutdoors

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was a tough one last year.i do the best when the river is starting to rise
snakebite

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx Very Happy

snakebite
danm

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is an old thread, but are you still trying your hand on the Shetucket? I'm amazed at how few people mention this 4 mile jewel on this site.
danm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The water was low and slow below the dam last night, so I tried my hand above the Scotland Dam. Some pretty good largemouth action for the few hours I was there. The two pounder I landed got air-born twice and was yanking on the drag like it was bigger that that. I also noticed a lot of schools of one-inch fry already cruising the banks too. Maybe they'll make for nice Salmon snacks later in the season if they wash over the dam (lol)

MarkO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

River fish, whether largemouth or smallmouth, always fight harder than their brethren in still water lakes because of their constant fight against current.

Great largemouth BTW.
danm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, DEEP has closed down all fishing within 100 feet of any feeder streams ("thermal refuge areas") on the Shetucket from last Sunday, June 15th until September 1st. Most of them aren't named streams, but they are DEEP stocking points. Then from September 1st until December 1st is catch-and-release-only with the Atlantic Salmon. It wasn't easy info to find (local papers). The same rules apply for the Naugatuck River and one other river in state. Me personally, the Shetucket has been the only place I've ever been carded in 30 some-odd years of fishing (she was pleasant about it and she was packing), so I'm heeding the warning. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: