CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: Shimano Rod Warranty Service
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Shimano Rod Warranty Service Reply with quote

Last Fall, I sent three broken St. Croix rods to St. Croix for warranty service:

http://www.ctfishtalk.com/st-croix-warranty-service-t10811.html

I had switched to Shimano rods because my St. Croix rods kept breaking, but was very pleased when St. Croix honored its warranty and replaced or repaired all three rods. Very Happy

Well, I ended up breaking three of my Shimano rods, too. Embarassed I guess that I'm just a little too rough with my tackle. Rolling Eyes Anyway, the three broken Shimano rods all had a lifetime warranty (i.e., a Clarus two piece, a Clarus one piece and a Crucial), so I sent them to Shimano for warranty service. Shimano received the rods on April 8. When I arrived home on April 21, there were two seven foot long mailing tubes in my driveway. The delivery driver must have left them at my garage at least a day before I arrived home, because they had rolled across the driveway and warped from getting soaked by some rain (did it rain on April 19?). Anyway, I'm pleased to report that Shimano also honored its warranty and replaced all three rods. Whoo Hoo! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shimano and St Croix are my two most favorite fishing brands. Great quality, great looks, great service. Actually now that i think, majority of my rods are st croix and my reels are shimano. And if you buy the rods/reels from cabelas or l.l. bean then its a sure replacement if your warrantys valid.
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked the UPS Tracking Numbers on the shipping invoices. Shimano received my broken rods on 04/08 and sent the new replacement rods on 04/11. Now that's warranty service! Very Happy

Coincidentally, I bought a new Shimano Symetre 4000FL reel at Cabela's, today. Interestingly, the spool now includes the line capacity for PowerPro braided line. Of course, Shimano owns PowerPro.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peco, your not supposed to use those fishing poles as your Power Poles!

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
x182dan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do any of these companies pay for shipping? I had to do it once before on an abu garcia pole. They sent me a new one in the mail fairly quickly but i had to pay to ship it to them which was around $20 if I remember correctly.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good deal!
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x182dan wrote:
do any of these companies pay for shipping? I had to do it once before on an abu garcia pole. They sent me a new one in the mail fairly quickly but i had to pay to ship it to them which was around $20 if I remember correctly.

St. Croix has a deal with FedEx that lets you buy a shipping label for $10 to get the rod to St. Croix and you have to include a check for $20 with your broken rod to pay for the return shipping.

I paid $20 for ground shipping with UPS get my broken rods to Shimano and Shimano paid for the return shipping.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: