CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: silver lake derby
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdpsm3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: silver lake derby Reply with quote

Anyone going to the derby sat. Thinking about giving it a try never fished one before. Hows the conditions out there alot of slush and water on top? I went to west hill sat and there was alot of slush and water very messy well over my boot in places.
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi jdosm3!

Same messy lousy conditions are pretty much everywhere Exclamation

Have been reading the reports on 4 forums and guys from Maine all the way to Indiana are complaining about how much snow and slush there is on top of ice.

Not exactly any fun to trudge thru this mess to do any ice fishing and draging a sled with gear is terrible Exclamation

SeaDog1
jdpsm3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love ice fishing and there is not much that can stop me from heading out but this is crazy I was going in almost knee deep in spots on west hill yesterday with alot of water out there. I figured out I need some better boots.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL think i was only one who didnt get their feet wet last night....... It is wet everywhere again....
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asianfisher wrote:
LOL think i was only one who didnt get their feet wet last night....... It is wet everywhere again....

You probably don't even remember that I was there because I wasn't bitching about the slush either. I can definitely see how it could deter some people from venturing out though. I feel like I spent hours doing leg presses yesterday.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
woolzy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and 3 buddies went to Tyler today and same conditions, real tough walking through slush and water. Actually my foot went right through someones previous ice hole that was snowed right over and never froze! scared the crap out of me and ended up with a wet foot! went right up to me knee! on top of that the fishing was real slow
teckman83@aim.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: auger Reply with quote

hey does anyone know where i can get a used gass powered auger? im 16 and dont have the money for a new one and i want to enter this tournament with a few friends.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do remember now Kira.. You usually troop it out to the last one every time i know... Point being its not easy doing anything, drilling and walking...
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was at silver lake today, there actually wasn't much slush at all but the snow was a pain to walk through.
alibaba

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebay or craigs list would probly be your best bet but watch out for dummys trying to sell junk . why not try a hand one thay are cheap and your young use that for a season and youl be knocking your buddys out with one punch by the summer Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i started ice fishing last year with a few kids from my class ad this is our second year ice fishing. i do have a hand auger, but i feel that we will be left behind with all the drilling. but ill look around thanks.
johnkaz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read a post on another website saying the tournament is canceled.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Havent heard anything of the sort.... who is throwing it?
johnkaz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

was being thrown buy the Silver City Bassmasters. and it is cancled for sure..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats Gay............
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: