CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Silver Lake Ice-Fishing 1/6/2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BassGetHooked

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:59 am    Post subject: Silver Lake Ice-Fishing 1/6/2010 Reply with quote

Went to Silver Lake in Berlin with a few buddys of mine for a half day of ice-fishing. Great times on the lake!

I being an ice-fishing newbie sat and watched mostly, getting a handle on tip-up set up and technique. Also I neither had my own ice-fishing gear or a 2010 license so I did not "fish."...just watched and maybe helped a bit Wink

Ice was about 6" deep in our spot. Lots of that black colored ice. Covered a nice chunk of ice, there were not a ton of people out on the lake. Got on Silver @ 11am, my buddy's were there @ 10am. Mostly they were catching largemouth in the 1-2lbs range. Also pulled out 2 calico bass and one small pickerel. I stayed until 3:30pm they stayed a bit later...probably caught about a dozen fish between the three of them.

Had a blast. This was only my second time out on the ice ever. The first was completely unproductive and a little scary (propane tank on grill almost exploded!! Shocked ). Once I got off the ice I went promptly to Dicks and bought what I could - and they had a sale on ice-fishing gear! 3 pack of tipups, bucket, jig rod/reel, jig heads, weighted split shot, bucket rod holder, etc. Now just gotta get that license (would have had it today but their computer system was down ).

Hope to get back on the ice soon. Happy New Years everyone!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BGH your gonna love it!! it's so adicting!!! just have warm clothes and safety gear with you and good luck brother! Cool
fishinschmoe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you were not playin for keeps!! Silver Lake in Berlin has decent fish, and its nice and close, but that water is beyond polluted, and the DEP advises not to eat anything from that water, else your pee might glow bright green.
BassGetHooked

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never, EVER, eat anything out of Silver Lake. Just wanted to make that known.

Haha. A little mercury with your fish, gentlemen?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: