CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: silver sided skank fishing 9/17/08 @ the Race
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: silver sided skank fishing 9/17/08 @ the Race Reply with quote

Hit the race yesterday at 2:30. We caught about 6 blues trolling on an umbrella. After about an hour, we saw some bird working with blues all over the place. I caught about 10 on an attom popper. I was using a med heavy bass rod with a 2500 strdic. It was a blast.

We then docked at a buddies house and had a feast (unfortunetly no bass though). I love catching fish on light tackle on top. I could do it all day.

Justin
shortypowers

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: silver sided skank fishing 9/17/08 @ the Race Reply with quote

Bass Addict wrote:
Hit the race yesterday at 2:30. We caught about 6 blues trolling on an umbrella. After about an hour, we saw some bird working with blues all over the place. I caught about 10 on an attom popper. I was using a med heavy bass rod with a 2500 strdic. It was a blast.

We then docked at a buddies house and had a feast (unfortunetly no bass though). I love catching fish on light tackle on top. I could do it all day.

Sounds like fun to me. I've done a little boating in the LI Sound but not much fishing. What type/test line did you use on the MH/Stradic setup?
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have diawa samurai braid - 30lbs test. I would power pro would be fine as well. You just want to make sure it is 20lb or more. I had to use my thumb as the drag at times.

Justin
pdcrack

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good report B.A., good to see your still making it out there even tho your boat is sold Shocked
School sucks without being able to fish regularly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: