CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Simsbury Reservoir 9/18
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Simsbury Reservoir 9/18 Reply with quote

Decided to take my boys up to Simsbury Reservoir to do some fishing today. It was a beautiful day except for the wind. We fished from shore from 11am to 1pm. The best thing about taking them up there is it's a nice hike in and out of the woods and there are always fish. Not the biggest fish but kids don't usually care about that as long as they're catching fish.

We fished all around the SE corner from the beach and around to the dam. I decided to let them try out some senkos today. They usually fish live worms under bobbers but I figured what the heck. So they threw 5" wacky senkos. They did great and the fish were a bit bigger due to the upgrade...although not huge. My younger Son got 2 LMBs and the older one caught 1. They were all around 8" or 9"

I fished as much as I could in between getting them untangled, taking pics and releasing fish. I ended up getting 6 LMBs with only 2 of those being keepers. A 12" and a 13". I threw the spinnerbait for a bit and had a few strikes. The first one was a good one but no hook up. Then I realized I forgot to take the hook guard off Laughing after I removed it the fish didn't seem big enough to get the hook. They just pulled on the skirt. No pics of my fish. It was more about the kids today and it was a great time.
bdiggy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always great to see the kids hooking up though. Nice job out there! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: