CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Skitter Pop at it Again
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject: Skitter Pop at it Again Reply with quote

Friday I hit the honey hole again with the same setup as last time. Low tide was scheduled for 3:45 and met up with a local surfcaster right as the tide was starting to come in.

I varied the retrieve with the same SSP-12 I caught the 35"er with as the buddy tried numerous lures. Once the tide got higher and current got stronger, I was into them. I told my buddy I had another SSP-12 with me if he wanted to use it. Once he saw how well I was doing, he said yes. He was then into the stripers pretty soon as well.

Total for the 2 of us at the honey hole was 10, with him catching 4 and me 6 up to 25" with most in the 22 to 25 range.

We hit a few other spots but didn't get into much else due to the southerly winds.

Once he left I covered more water before heading back to where I was into them around the same time Wednesday. South winds had finally died down once I get to the area but wasn't seeing the bunker like I was Wednesday. One spot produced another 3 schoolies in the mid 20's and lost 2.

The guy who joined me was the same person who bought a SP-9 for $8 from me at the city ramp 2 years ago and has now gotten hooked onto the Skitter Pop lineup. He told me today that instead of bothering with Remington near the crowds, now he knows where to go what which lure to use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: