CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Skitter Pop was the Master!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Skitter Pop was the Master! Reply with quote

After getting home from fishing with member Shelton Tom, I headed back down to Seaside. Arrived just before 4pm seeing birds working and lots of splashing in the same area during 1pm.

Saw a few usuals casting but they weren't into anything with topwaters. I casted with the legendary mullet colored SSP-12 as I used my awesome 1 piece 7 footer with 30 pound Spiderwire Stealth on a Pursuit II 4000.

As the birds kept working their way east, many of us followed. Once we got to Breezy Point is when things got more active. I was 1 of about 8 surf casters throwing topwaters there. As I stuck with the SSP-12 and a certain retrieve, total was landed 4 in the lower and mid 20s. Also had a tail swipe and 4 other explosions. The 7 footer once again set the hook right as the fish took the hook.

Kept casting throughout the evening til it got mostly dark out resulting in 1 more explosion and a nice big swirl as I did a slow walk the dog with an orange gold orange XRW-13.

Hit the road around 5:30pm

I was getting the attention with the Saltwater Skitter Pop while it was slow for others. Had 1 caster ask me what I was getting them on and told him my history with the SP-9 and SSP-12, which had him amazed and right away wanting one.

Gonna be hitting the same areas Wednesday and Thursday before it gets cold and raw out later this week.

Looks like the November bite has finally turned on with the smaller residential fish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: