CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Skunk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:22 pm    Post subject: Skunk Reply with quote

Monday I arrived at Mondo just before 5:45pm to find the main pond 50 to 75% open with the rest no more than an inch thick.

I started off at my usual spring area with the helsinki shad HJ-6 but never had a pickerel or crappie hit it. Tried playing around with a few other suspending lures and a 1/4 ounce red black inline but niente.

Kept moving on as I threw the HJ-6 and spinner mostly.

Checked out the spring pond and saw the open area I fished last time was about triple the size with everything else being skim ice to 3".

As the evening went on and never got into anything, I threw a perch Baby Torpedo and yellow perch XRP-7 in 3 certain topwater areas. Varied the retrieve by doing a slow walk the dog with the XRP-7 and numerous jerks with the Heddon but no pickerel looked at it.

Hit the road around 7:15pm

The temps and rain later this week should have the main pond totally open by the weekend.

Signs of spring I saw and heard were a flock of male cardinals being loud, the arrival of geese, male hooded mergansers doing their courtship display, and a muskrat.
TheFisherman357

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the water temps there?
tricky912

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report. I was at Mondo yesterday to check out the thawing progress. I saw you on the bike as i was leaving.

I agree, main pond will be wide open by the weekend. I am going to attempt to give it a shot on Friday.
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be there Friday too. I work Wednesday and Thursday will be too wet and windy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: