CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing
Viewing Topic: Slow Season
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fishinboss

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:51 am    Post subject: Slow Season Reply with quote

Is it jus me or has this season been unusually slow? every year i normally hammer the fish on candlewood and do well on my spots at other lakes/ponds, but this year I just cant seem to get them to bite or even find them like i have over the past few years.
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only my first season ice fishing but, yes, the fishing has slowed down a ton since the heavy snows started.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi fb!

YES! The fishing has slowed down because this heavy winter cover and cold Wx is causing the fishes metabolisim to slow down substantially, Mid-winter O2 is being depleted, and a lot less fishermen venturing out onto the ice with this deep snow covering it.

SeaDog1
IceAddict

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fb,

Just the opposite for me. This has been an awesome year for me. I don't fish Candlewood, so I can't comment on how slow it is, but trout fishing has been real good. Limited out at Highland and East twin, but I return all fish. Only kept one Rainbow at Twin.
Fishinboss

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea thats what im thinkin sea dog, i know were the fish are but they wont hit my jigs like they have in the past, iceaddict- do you get the trout jigging or on tip-ups, cause i only jig and really want to get up to twin this year.
IceAddict

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FB, 90% were caught on tip ups. I catch trout at all parts of the water column. In 10 feet or shallower I am 2' off bottom . In deeper water I pull it further off bottom. 50' or more of water I fish within 10' of the ice. That worked last week, but will probably change this week. The one commonality all trips out is dropoffs. I know where they are , and once you find them, you will NEVER get skunked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: