CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: SLOW START FRIDAY NITE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epanzella

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: SLOW START FRIDAY NITE Reply with quote

Friday nite we went out to SW reef with live eels to fish the OGT for bass. While marking plenty of fish and bait we could not even get a hit. Had 1 eel swimming free w/o weight and another on a 3way at the bottom. Tried various spots on the reef both drifting and anchored w/o a bump. I was ready to check my sonar to see if it was in demo mode! It was kinda bumpy out there and my parter was getting a little green so I headed back to the Ct river to drown some more eels. We marked a hugh baitball between the bridges so we anchored just uptide of the center. Dropping eels and rapallas overboard and unlocking the reel had the tide pulling our rigs right into the action which started immediately. Whithin 10 minutes there were blue jumping all over the place and would hit anything. The action was non stop for 2 hours (1 - 3am) with over 50 blues caught. With no pilgrims there to drive thru the middle of the school it just kept boiling untill the tide ran out. We tried to bounce an eel along the bottom on a 3 way to look for stripers feeding on the scraps but the blues were so nuts they were cutting our lines off 20 ft from the leeder. We had a blast even though no stripers. It was good to see the the river with such an abundance of bait & blues. All fish released.
Haddam, Ct
iggianlu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great story
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: