CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: SLOW
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: SLOW Reply with quote

Hit the evening incoming and high tide at Seaside Thursday. Arrived at the Fayerweather jetty just after 5pm with the 1 piece 7 footer. Winds were a steady 5 to 10 mph southerly and skies were mostly sunny with a strong sun.

First stop was where I've been getting the harbor blues hitting recently. Threw the SSP-12, 5" wooden popper, and a bone chartreuse XRW-11 out there. Tried numerous retrieves but nada. Hit a few other spots out there and on the island but nada.

Casted for a while at the rocks by the pier but nada. Took a break there as the sun was approaching the horizon and started casting again but still nothing.

Checked out the spot out on the jetty once more before hitting the road around 8pm.

This time the water was quiet compared to the way things have been. I only saw 1 school of bunker out there being destroyed but was much farther out. No other schools were visible. Bunker was thick by the ramp but a chummer told me he had been through 10 live bunker with not a single hit.

It's looking like this heat wave we've been in has had an effect on the fishing and also the mosquito bite. It's gonna take a powerful cold front and/or a choppy waters coastal low pressure to turn things on even more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: