CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: SLOW
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: SLOW Reply with quote

Low tide for Black Rock was scheduled for 2:59 pm Tuesday and conditions were supposed to be very nice. Arrived at the honey hole with my waders on about 45 minutes before low. Skies were mostly sunny to partly cloudy, air was comfy, and wind was a light southwest breeze.

Played with a number of lures as the tide was still going out but niente. Once the tide started turning and stayed in the spot for another 30 minutes, the only thing that happened was what felt like a sea robin hit the blueback herring LC-12.

Started heading out to Fayerweather Island until I noticed a small thick school of bunker by the flats near the beach. Went there and tried casting around the school but niente. Never saw any nice splashes or swirls. Somehow on my way over to that spot both of my boots produced a leak.

Went out to the island and casted facing towards the red marker to the entrance of the harbor. A boat was out there but neither one of us showed signs of a hit or hookset.

Before heading over to the ramp, I threw the SP-9 and XRW-11 in the rocky area as I waded out there but niente.

Had had enough of the 2 leaks and headed over to the ramp to find no signs of action except for a medium sized school of bunker heading towards Captain's Cove. Casted with the SP-9 and FLR-10 but still no hits.

Hit the road just after sunset.

Sent an email with a copy of proof of purchase to the wader company. Tried finding the leaks on my own by using a bright light in a dark room but never found anything as if they're coming from the main boots. Model comes with a 1 year warranty and is a discontinued model. Have had them since February with no leaks except for something of my own fault that I was able to seal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: