CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Slow
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Slow Reply with quote

Tuesday I hit Mondo Pond arriving around 12:45pm while it was lightly raining out. I was hoping for a good bite because of the low pressure currently over the area and the strong cold front approaching us.

Did a total of 3 laps around the main pond as I played with a number of lures which resulted in 2 yellows, 1 crappie, and 1 pickerel. The perch and crappie came on the HJ-8 while the pickerel came on the purple nurple XRSH-6 while doing the retrieve I'v been using.

Hit the road just before 4:30pm

Hooded mergansers weren't actively going underwater and were swimming around instead of staying in 1 area.

1 thing I got to see that wasn't there last time was the remainders of a dead goose with no meat remaining. Not far from there was a cluster of small feathers. This was in the area where back in June I'm pretty sure I heard a barred owl do its usual "who cooks for you!" call. Happen to even see what looked to be a bird of prey fly into trees near there while I was in another area, and later heard blue jays start to go nuts not far from where I saw the bird. The bird looked to be the size of a large crow or herring gull and color was a pale brown or medium khaki with areas of gray.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: