CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: SLOW
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:57 pm    Post subject: SLOW Reply with quote

Sunday afternoon I hit the honey hole and Fayerweather Island with my 8 footer and Fierce 2000. Low tide was scheduled for 3:06 and started walking out to the honey hole at 2:40. Air was warm and dry, wind was a steady 5 to 10 southwest, and skies were mostly sunny.

I played with a number of lures but only got 2 explosions on an XRW-13 at the honey hole. Nothing everywhere else.

Issues I was having at the honey hole were floating weeds, waves from boat traffic, and west and southwest winds causing the braid to occasionally make 1 wrap around the rod tip while pencil popping and walk-the-dog.

Will be back out Wednesday and Friday. Low tides will be in the evening and moon will be new. Just gotta keep an eye on Wednesday's forecast.
sonamcobain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject: Pen field reef Reply with quote

Hey Michael, i was by Fairfield Reef on saturday, two guys in their wader did quite well, with Taylor as they were after the bunker, Lot of sea robin as usual. Going to give this weekend another try with a bettter set up.
jarhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject: slow Reply with quote

I was out with my son at the ffld jetty Sunday evening when the tide was almost all in. The only thing we got was searobins.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't make it out today due to a thunderstorm and line of showers associated with the cell that hit my area. The cell arrived around 3:30 and the line of showers lasted til 5.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: