CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: SLOW
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject: SLOW Reply with quote

Friday was a new moon and low tide was scheduled for 6:03, so I hit the honey hole arriving just before 5. Air was warm and dry, sun was strong, winds were a 5 to 8 south, and sky was clear.

2 topwaters I stuck with were stainless steel green mullet SSP-12 and silver blue XRW-13. The only thing that ever happened at the honey hole was a swirl on the SSP-12. Dan eventually came but he never got a single swirl or explosion while throwing numerous pencil poppers.

Once the tide started coming in, south winds started to get stronger and the waves and current got rough. I headed out to Fayerweather and landed a dinky 8" striper on the XRW-13.

Switched over to a chrome FLR-19 while out in the deeper waters along Fayerweather. The only thing that happened was I felt tension with no hit of any type. I set the hook again and felt as if a hook came off of something before getting the lure in an not finding anything on any hooks.

I ended the evening on the beach side where I got into that sea robin fun last time. The waves were pretty bad due to the south winds, with a few series of large waves all of a sudden. Had a good fight with a sea robin that I landed and only had 1 other hit.

Peanut bunker were once again very thick, and even saw what looked like small snappers under the bunker in the shallows.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: