CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Slower This Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:33 pm    Post subject: Slower This Time Reply with quote

Thursday evening I arrived at Fayerweather around 5:30. High tide was scheduled to be in another hour, air was hot and humid, winds were a steady 8mph southwest, skies were partly cloudy, and water temps ranged from 77.5 to 77.9.

While tide was still coming in, nothing was happening. Then right as tide got close to high, one school of blues started busting. As I watched, I went to the spot that has been producing. First cast with the 2oz Hopkins and lost a fish. Tried throwing other small stuff, including custom painted Heddon Spit'n Image, 1oz Cotton Cordell pencil, and Shad RNR-8 but nothing ever showed interest.

As the evening went on, blues weren't busting like they had been Monday and Tuesday. A storm started approaching from the west around 7:30, which was when southwest winds started getting stronger and the bite died.

2 things I've noticed about the blues busting are time of day and tide. Depending on tide, around 5pm is when they'll start to get active out by 2A with terns going nuts. Once it's 6:30 is when they get more active by the lighthouse. They seem to be preferring the outgoing tide.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: