CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Small Pond 9/29
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Small Pond 9/29 Reply with quote

Got to the funeral home around 1:30pm hoping to get into bass and some yellow perch this time. Water was low again with lots of algae compared to a week and half ago.

I threw a number of Rapalas and also tried doing a suspending jerkbait retrieve with a few HJ-6 but never had any luck.

Switched over to a Mepps Aglia #0 and had bluegills chasing it. That meant livelining.

Caught 2 bluegills with the Mepps and then tried catching a few more with a Berkley Trout Worm.

Just like last time, every bluegill I livelined would be fine for a bit when I'd cast it out there with the lunkers chasing it but then the gill would start to play dead in front of me and the lunkers. Then I'd see the gill swim off freely after taking it off the hook.

I did have 1 lunker take a small bluegill but didn't set the hook. Pattern seemed to be they were only chasing smaller stuff and weren't paying much attention to the bigger 7"+ bluegills.

Hit the road around 4:30pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: