CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Small Pond & Twin Brooks 9/13
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Small Pond & Twin Brooks 9/13 Reply with quote

Hit the funeral home pond and Twin Brooks Friday afternoon. Got to the funeral home around 12:30PM. Found the water to be cleaner and flowing after getting over an inch of rain in less than 24 hours. Bluegills were stacked up in areas where water flows in and out with a few largemouths there too.

Tried throwing a few hardbaits with the only fish being a 7" yellow on a gold Jointed J-5.

Next I played with a weightless 3" Berkley Trout Worm which had bluegills going crazy. That meant livelining for the lunkers.

Caught a number of gills and tried livelining a number of times. Had a lunker take the gill the first time but couldn't set the hook. After that the lunkers were more sketchy about any other gills I threw out there and the gills were acting more like a regular fish cruising.

Headed over to the gas station to grab a snack and drink and then hit Twin Brooks.

Found the water levels to be back to normal and Booth Hill Brook flowing nicely through the upper pond. That's where I found gills and seeds stack up with a few yellows and bass. Landed a number of gills and seeds and missed on a number of yellows with bass not showing much interest in the Berkley. Smaller gills and seeds were the aggressive ones while the bulls and monsterseeds were picking it up off of the bottom. Kept a few 8" bullgills and 1 nice 7" pumpkinseed.

While I was hitting the gills and seeds winds picked up and a shower with some heavy rain passed by lasting for about 10 minutes. After that is when it got cooler and winds got strong.

Seeing it was after 5pm I decided to check out some other spots before playing topwater.

After hitting 3 spots and catching a few more bluegills and 1 dinky bass, I tried throwing a bleeding original shad Jointed Shad Rap JSR-4 into a usual deep cove but didn't get any hits.

Last was topwater which resulted in 1 explosion.

Before leaving I played with the Berkley and landed 2 more bluegills with 1 being a bull.

Hit the road around 6:45pm
avidangler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good report!
I like hearing that you livelined a bluegill and had a take..

.......bluegill bait....... Very Happy

Makes me think of Japan and the tie for the world record by Manabu Kurita.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

avidangler wrote:
Good report!
I like hearing that you livelined a bluegill and had a take..

.......bluegill bait....... Very Happy

Makes me think of Japan and the tie for the world record by Manabu Kurita.

I have history at the funeral home with livelining bluegills that have resulted in bass up to 3 pounds or so.

Was fishing Mamanasco one time and found largemouths to be feeding on baby bluegills. Caught and livelined which resulted in a 2 pounder.

The private lake I was able to fish had lunkers that would take a live gill, seed, and yellow and chase a smaller bass while reeling it in.
avidangler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever food source is available i take it.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: