CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Small Ponds 9/18
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Small Ponds 9/18 Reply with quote

With skies being sunny and the wind not being too strong, I headed for the ice out pond Wednesday afternoon. Wanted to see how the water level looked after getting close to 2 inches of rain on that stormy evening/night.

Arrived around 2pm to find lots of algae floating on the surface. Tried playing with a few small topwaters around cover and shade but never had any luck. Only had 2 takers on a 4" Texas rigged pumpkinseed Berkley Power Worm.

Water level was still low with the brook that feeds out of it not flowing.

Later after grabbing a bottled water at the gas station I hit the funeral home. Found the lunkers to be hanging out in shallow water waiting for small bluegills. Every time something would spook the schools of small bluegills, the bass would go crazy feeding on them.

I decided to not bother with the bass and just try to catch some edible gills and perch. Eventually caught 9 bluegills and 1 yellow with 6 gills and the yellow being edible.

Hit the road just before 5pm to check out the Pequonnock.
avidangler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one day you don't bother with the bass,probably was the one you would have bagged one.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: