CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Smallmouth bass in beseck!?!?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G.Parker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Smallmouth bass in beseck!?!? Reply with quote

I finally got my little jon boat in the water for the first time at lake beseck today, which is where i fish all the time and always catch a handful of Largemouth but today for the first time also at beseck i caught 2 smallies! Not that big at all but man was i suprised. Anyone caught any decent size ones there?
On another note damn i need practice taking a boat out of the water!! Lol going in was a breeze though
jmmass3264

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saw ur post so i decided to head out there in the yak. got out around 6 and on my 3rd cast got a 18 1/2'' 3lb smallie on a 3'' senko. caught 2 more within 15 min both around 14''. never new there were smallie in there either!
MarkO

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of lakes getting the clandenstine stocking of "not native to that lake" fish. There are Northern Pike in there now too. Speaking of Pike, I banged one out of Batterson about 5 years ago that was pushing 10lbs easy.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the bucket biologists have been active lately. While ice fishing in March, I pulled a 1-3/4 pound smallie out of the little upper pond at Countryside Park in Avon. And SkeeterJim got his Personal Best smallie out of Batterson Park Pond.

Regarding Beseck Lake, here's a Beseck Lake perch Wink from last October:

And one from under the ice in February:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmmass3264 wrote:
saw ur post so i decided to head out there in the yak. got out around 6 and on my 3rd cast got a 18 1/2'' 3lb smallie on a 3'' senko. caught 2 more within 15 min both around 14''. never new there were smallie in there either!

Wow no kidding! Thats cool man and definetly news to me to see both nothern and smallies in there
Nickp

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuppp, smallmouth are new in there. Didnt start showing up till last summer then we caught a few as well as this spring. Id assume its the same guy who started the pike stocking there. id imagine the smallies would do ok there considering the average depth is 16+ out in the middle and the amount of 4-6in perch in there is astonishing. The weed growth is good into 12+fow and the oxygen levels are high. Pike have been doing great there along with the largemouth. Id honesltly the pike turned that place around for the better. 5 years ago that place was LOADED with stunted 10in largemouth, now your catching a solid amount of 2-5lb largemouth with pike from 12-40 inches. Im personally fine with that, havent caught a smallie there but ive witnessed a half dozen or so.
G.Parker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nickp wrote:
Yuppp, smallmouth are new in there. Didnt start showing up till last summer then we caught a few as well as this spring. Id assume its the same guy who started the pike stocking there. id imagine the smallies would do ok there considering the average depth is 16+ out in the middle and the amount of 4-6in perch in there is astonishing. The weed growth is good into 12+fow and the oxygen levels are high. Pike have been doing great there along with the largemouth. Id honesltly the pike turned that place around for the better. 5 years ago that place was LOADED with stunted 10in largemouth, now your catching a solid amount of 2-5lb largemouth with pike from 12-40 inches. Im personally fine with that, havent caught a smallie there but ive witnessed a half dozen or so.

Yeah ive definetly noticed the increase in bigger largemouth in the lake and im glad to see it producing better quality fish. thats where i fish the most so im excited to get out there tomorrow. Ill let you guys know what i catch
Flipper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been saying it for some time now, and I'm glad to hear it from somebody else. I truely believe that pike introduced to a system helps the bass fishing by weeding out the stunts which leaves more food for the remaining bass to get big. Good insight guys and thanks for the input.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT place to go for pike!!!
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flipper wrote:
I've been saying it for some time now, and I'm glad to hear it from somebody else. I truely believe that pike introduced to a system helps the bass fishing by weeding out the stunts which leaves more food for the remaining bass to get big. Good insight guys and thanks for the input.

Someone should throw a dozen or so into Silver lake for the same results...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and some bowfin. Very Happy

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: