CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: So Ready for Open Water!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: So Ready for Open Water! Reply with quote

Hi!

Worked on my open water gear this past weekend!
Cleaned up my two 7' Ultralight rods and one 6' Microlight rod.
Re-strung 3 reels all with 3 lb. test Fireline.
Also my new ES-25 micro spinning reel from Acadia Sports. (7 BB's and very smooth).

Removed all cushions and gear from my wooden 14' Guideboat and ready to put on a couple of fresh coats of HMG varnish as soon as the temp gets over 55 degrees.
Will tune up my 3hp. British SeaGull outboard next weekend.

Will be ready for early spring Crappie fishing then Openning Day for Trout and especially for "KOKANEE SALMON" -> Which I exclusively fish for all spring and summer Exclamation

LOVE Exclamation my Silver Bullet Phsyco Fish (13-19 inches) -> Fight like the Devil - Tail walk like a Tarpon - Rocket to the surface like an ICBM from 35 ft. down -Jump 2-5 feet in the air - Zig Zag wildly - Scream line off like a Bone Fish - and best of all ABSOLUTELY delicious baked, grilled, and especially Smoked Exclamation

Out west where they catch the bigger Kokanee's -> (Posted Fact!) Many Bass fishermen have forsaken fishing for Bass "Forever!" -> because (Fact) Kokanee's out fight a Bass (LMB or Smallie) 10 to 1 -> and on Ultralight/Microlight gear a TOTAL THRILL Exclamation Very Happy -> Which a hooked Bass can never ever match Exclamation
What makes these fish even more challenging is that they are not easy to catch (finesse fishing required) and for every 3 you hook you'll likely loose 2.

It's my personal opinion that I'd rather fish for a fish that presents me a "real challenge" (+ great to eat) then a fish that will eat anything it can fit down it's mouth and rated as the lowest freshwater fish to eat! Razz

As an FYI -> I use to fish for Bass a lot -> But No More Exclamation thumbs down

Once addicted to Kokanee you never go back Exclamation Very Happy Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Best regards,
SeaDog1 Mr. Green
Passinthru Outdoors

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang in there seadog. open water isn't far off with all this rain and warm temps. I'm dying to get in the water and not on it. Very Happy

Visit my Blog at: www.passinthruoutdoors.blogspot.com
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Here's a video on Kokanee fishing!

With 2 of the only 3 Kokanee waters east of the Mississippi here in Ct., I'm so ready to go after my Silver Bullet Phsyco Fish Exclamation Very Happy Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Even though the video shows them trolling for Kokes (I jig for them at night) it shows how these fish hate being hooked and go TOTALLY BONKERS Exclamation
Watch how they Zig-Zag wildly and jump Exclamation Thumbs Up

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkyBZPc9NOY&feature=related

SeaDog1 Mr. Green
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like fun!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: