CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: Some questions on senkos Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flippy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Some questions on senkos Reply with quote

I figured I would ask the pros,,Do they work? How do you rig them? What kind of rod do you use? Can I fish them in deep water? Do they only catch bass? What is the best senko to buy? YUM,GARY YAMAMOTO,? Any input would be great,,
RaMPaGeBaSsMaN

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Some questions on senkos Reply with quote

flippy wrote:
I figured I would ask the pros,,Do they work? How do you rig them? What kind of rod do you use? Can I fish them in deep water? Do they only catch bass? What is the best senko to buy? YUM,GARY YAMAMOTO,? Any input would be great,,

Im no pro but have put some work in with the senkos ive notice its not so much the brand its the action that drive all fish crazy. I have caught bass pickerel sunnies, smallies. Seems like the yamamoto have the best action pumpkin with a black flake is my fave. Just throw them anywhere anytime and watch that line take off.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil aka PECO is senko-man, I dont like paying 7-9 BUCKs for flimsy, brittle rubber worms that rip after one catch......i prefer yum dingers...cheaper, more durable, can find them with Senkos at Walmart . Green pumpkin, Watermelon seem to work best..For wack rigging..I like a size 1 or 2 Gamagatsu octopus hook..wacky hooks are weak, flimsy, and easily spit out by a big bass....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Some questions on senkos Reply with quote

flippy wrote:

Good one, Jim. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few years back I didn't even no what a senko was lol. Maybe someone that actually doest know might find some of this info useful Laughing

Last edited by RaMPaGeBaSsMaN on Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
billysenko

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name he isn't billysenko for nothing, I only use senkos for bass. I have caught largemouth bass, smallies, crappies, trout, and a huge 29 inch walleye all on senkos. I bet I could catch a marlin on one. lol I think it has to do with the type of plastic they use to make them. When they free fall in the water they have a tempting wiggle to them bass can not resist. My best colors are baby bass, green pumpkin / purple flake, black/ blue flake. They will last a lot longer if you use o- rings with them. That way you are not putting a hook thru the worm. I like 4 and 5 inch senkos. They can be skipped under docks and boats. And if you are fishing weed beds I like to use a slip bobber and let the senko hover over the top of the weeds. The chop on the water will give them a wiggle action and keeps the worm in the strike zone longer. When the bobber goes under set the hook.
billysenko

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rod I use is a 7 foot medium spin rod with a shimano 1500 Saros reel with 8 pound trilene XL line. I rig the worm wacky style with an o-ring in the middle. Slip the size 1/0 finesse hook just under the o-ring but not in the worm and you are ready to go. Cast it out and let it sink a few feet. Pick up the slack in the line and give it a few shakes and let it drop again and repeat all the way back to you. I have probably have caught 1000s of bass over the years doing this. Last season I caught a 7.26 pound bass on this rig with no problems. You can also rig them texas style or on a jig head. I like wacky style myself. It keeps it in the strike zone longer and more visible. Hope this helps.
billysenko

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yea, try to keep the line somewhat tight and I like to have the line under my index finger.When a bass hits them you will feel a tap. The line under your index finger will feel the tap much better that feeling it with your rod. A bass hit you will feel a tap ---- tap. Or sometimes when ulyou go to give it a twitch there will be nothing there. The bass has it in his mouth and has put slack in the in line when you should have felt weight of the worm. Get use to the weight of the worm when you are twitching it. If you feel anything different set the hook. When a bass hits it it will be tap -tap. If you feel a rapid tapping like tap. tap. tap tap it's not a bass. Maybe a sunny, crappie or something else.
billysenko

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yea, try to keep the line somewhat tight and I like to have the line under my index finger.When a bass hits them you will feel a tap. The line under your index finger will feel the tap much better that feeling it with your rod. A bass hit you will feel a tap ---- tap. Or sometimes when ulyou go to give it a twitch there will be nothing there. The bass has it in his mouth and has put slack in the in line when you should have felt weight of the worm. Get use to the weight of the worm when you are twitching it. If you feel anything different set the hook. When a bass hits it it will be tap -tap. If you feel a rapid tapping like tap. tap. tap tap it's not a bass. Maybe a sunny, crappie or something else.
billysenko

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billysenko

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rod I use is a 7 foot medium spin rod with a shimano 1500 Saros reel with 8 pound trilene XL line. I rig the worm wacky style with an o-ring in the middle. Slip the size 1/0 finesse hook just under the o-ring but not in the worm and you are ready to go. Cast it out and let it sink a few feet. Pick up the slack in the line and give it a few shakes and let it drop again and repeat all the way back to you. I have probably have caught 1000s of bass over the years doing this. Last season I caught a 7.26 pound bass on this rig with no problems. You can also rig them texas style or on a jig head. I like wacky style myself. It keeps it in the strike zone longer and more visible. Hope this helps.
flippy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL,,LOL,,LOL,,stop it,, thats freakin funny,,I inject and make my own,, I have it down to a tee,,,from rubber to salt weight,, senkos are 10.2 grams and so are mine,,except you guys pay 8 dollars a bag and I make them for around 30 cents each
Stevius86

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do tell
flippy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stevius, What do you want to know?? I can make any color anybody wants,,EXCEPT laminates,,I cant combine 2 colors,,,YET,, but I can make any color you want,, from green pumpkin to watermelon,,with any kind of flake,, I weigh every one of my baits to the exact,, weight,, mine are a tad thinner,, because of patends,,BUT,, It does have the shimmy, and fall is exact,,and it does catch fish,,I mainly stock up on,, green pumpkin with black flake,,black with blue flake and watermelon with red flake,,when I do throw them thats one of the colors,,otherwise I dont throw them,,I make alot of them for friends that use this stupid make anybody a fisherman bait,,lol
Stevius86

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting! How do you make them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: