CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing
Viewing Topic: sonar?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hookt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: sonar? Reply with quote

I was out on Kenosia last Sunday and talked to someone who was using a flasher. He had with him a bucket, couple of jiggin poles,hand auger, and some jigs. Now i`m out there with a sled, bait pail, bucket, tackle box with jigs and rigs, tip-ups, jiggin poles, power auger, ect. ect. ect. It took me about 45 mins. to set up and he was into fish in 20 mins. I`m not complaining because I love this stuff just comparing the time/fish ratio so to speak. I had about 3 hrs to fish and spent it fishing my ass off. I watched this guy pull up fish after fish for an hour so I went over to talk to him. He explained how the flasher worked and how he could get his jig to the fish, see structure, size and how many fish were under him! I was sold on this untill I saw the prices of these pieces of electronics!! Can anyone tell me your opinions and or experiences with flashers and if there is anyone with a used one for sale? Thanks {(:^)>>>
Pauleye

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Ice Flasher Reply with quote

I wouldn't bother ice fishing without my vex. I still set up tip-ups, but instead of waiting for a flag I jig the time away.
pepperdawg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a underwater camera? Anyone used/seen one?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi pd!

With a flasher you can ALWAYS find the fish in any water Exclamation

NO WAY! -> With a camera in murky or discolored water.

Besides a flasher you can move from hole to hole FAST Exclamation

With a camera -> Bigger, more cumbersome, lots of cable need to get to different depths, etc. !

You'll get more usage and bang for your buck with a flasher vs camera Exclamation

SeaDog1
hookt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a fairly good camera and SeaDog1 is right! Depending on water clarity and light conditions seeing can be a problem along with the glare of the sun on the monitor despite the side screens! I enjoy looking around under water at structure and fish but i would like to make more out of what little time there is to fish! I believe a flasher would help me out. Any ideas on where or what brand I should at? Thanks for your help!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: