CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Southford Falls
View previous topic :: View next topic  
durbon885

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Southford Falls Reply with quote

Good morning all,

I fished southford falls ths morning and had some luck. I caught 6 SMB smallies (good fight but small). 1 SMB about 15 inch 1.5 lb (nice fish). A 12 inch pickerel and a hand full of of crappies and a few sun fish. A family with 2 small girls showed up so I let them reel in the pickerel, while they were taking a picture and touching the fish lets say my thumb felt the wrath of pickerel teeth (worth it though). Tried trout fishing early with no luck at all. Everything caught was using top water lures.

For the average angler the sizes might be small but if you are looking to take your small children fishing I recommend the falls.

You will find a few open spaces to fish (not as many as years back. The grass can use some grooming )

Anyhow. Good luck and I will keep you posted on my next outings
SAP284

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Thanks for making your first post here a fishing report! Welcome to the site!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a nice day! Welcome aboard!
Jeff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been to that place in ages. Trout fishing this time of year is tough there. The pond area gets pretty cleaned out with all the pressure it gets after stocking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: