CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Southwest Sept 16th
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ploplopfizzfizz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Southwest Sept 16th Reply with quote

Not sure why i am even going to post this.It will be read by 200 lurkers but the only feedback will come from Private messages asking for numbers.Why should we do the exploratory work and give you people(7 Pm`s asking for numbers) the location numbers.

Again Yesterday on Southwest my Brother Quint ,SoccerMom(our buddy Pete) and Myself pounded the Sea Bass.The catch rate of Sea bass to porgies was about 1 to 1.We ended up with only 5 keepers but caught over 50 sea bass.Most of these fish were 8 to 10 inches.I was very glad to see that the Sea Bass are coming back in large numbers.They might not all be keepers yet but with a little management from the DEP ,sea bass can make a long term comeback.
There were no 3-5 pounders yesterday but thats ok when all the porgies are 2 and 3 pounds.

Yesterdays Keeper count:
5 Sea bass
25 JUMBO porgies largest being 16.5 inches

Accident count:
1 new lamiglass rod exploded from a weak spot.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing, all the PMs that is. No one wants to do the work everyone wants everything handed to them. The weekend warriors should be taken out and beaten with a stick. Case in point we had a woman pull up to us on Southwest in a brand new Sea Ray on Saturday, husband in the co-pilot seat attempting to read a chart wearing an orange life jacket that was entirely too small for him newbie frost all over the both of them he is in a panic and she asks " hey are there any rocks around here I need to be concerned with"? She needed a heading for home when I gave her the heading she said ok thanks and steamed the opposite direction. CASTRATION WHILE THESE PEOPLE ARE ADOLESENT IS THE ONLY SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up WOW we really do think alike !!!
I was thinking "STERILIZATION". PM me and i can give you some numbers from up here, that should throw em off ! Laughing Laughing Laughing

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
Quint's Revenge

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great minds think alike!!!!! I actually contemplated putting her on a heading for long island but if anything bad happened it would not have been cool. Mud how has the fishing been? Hooked any?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quint's Revenge wrote:
Great minds think alike!!!!! I actually contemplated putting her on a heading for long island but if anything bad happened it would not have been cool. Mud how has the fishing been? Hooked any?

Yup !! one a little on the small side. Rolling Eyes Just been able to chum the last two times. I won't be able to get back fishing for at least another week! I see you and your bro. are doing good. Thats a good thing, I wouldn't worry about Numb people to much, If i think things are to much one way my response is usually "go straight for 4000 miles and take a left, It'll be right there" lol. Laughing Laughing Laughing

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
MakoMike

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice going. Did you try the west grounds on the way to or from Southwest ledge?
epanzella

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job at Southwest. Speaking of people without a clue - about 20 yrs ago I was fishing the Ct river mouth in Saybrook in the fog. Not wishing to become a chum bag we hugged the west bank in shallow water for protection from the big boys. Between us and shore a boat pulled up that was so big the front and rear were lost in the fog. From his throne about 3 stories above us the captain popped out and asked "which way is the channel?". Over his head I could see open array radar spinning and numerous other antennas that were worth more than my boat. I pointed east and informed him that he was in about 3 or 4 ft 0f water. Without a word he motored off into the fog launching mud, sticks and turtles with his prop wash. Money can't buy poverty - or common sense.
Haddam, Ct
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: