CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Spinner Bite 7/9
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:01 pm    Post subject: Spinner Bite 7/9 Reply with quote

Hit Mondo for the first time in a while arriving around 4:45 Thursday. Forecast was calling for a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before becoming more favorable after sunset. Air was humid, winds were light, and skies were mostly cloudy and overcast.

Weeds have now gotten very very thick at the main pond, which meant I was limited on where I could throw most of what I had with me.

Lures I tried throwing were purpledesence FLR-8, g-finish shad Baby Torpedo, cricket frog Pop'n Frog, yellow perch XRP-7, Pond Magic buzzbait, and 1/8 ounce inline spinner.

Never had much luck with topwaters. One spot is where I lost a fish on the Pop'n Frog. Landed a cookie cutter under a pound on the XRP-7. Lost a pickerel on the XRP-7.

The spinner is what had fish going. As long as I did a slow-steady retrieve, I was getting lots of hits and swipes. Total landed was 3 cookie cutters, 1 dinky pickerel, 4 bluegills, and 2 crappie.

Hit the road just after 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: