CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Spring fishing Stinks for me need advice Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anointed130

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correction, Soft plastic stick baits i am alright with. hard plastic stick baits??

Forget about it!

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
DV

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha Rainbow res defeated my 3 times in in back to back days about a month ago. Saw plenty of activity on the fish finder but nobody wanted what I threw, which was everything.

I do well on the other parts of the farmington river though, Windsor/Windsor locks and tarriffville area all hold decent smallmouth. I think the CT river is hard to fish, this year it is my main focus as I have lots to learn on were the best spots are..

Sluggo and superflukes work well too, just light twitches and they go nuts. Hard jerkbaits can be somewhat hard to fish in fastwater but just pause less and twitch more.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anointed130 wrote:
Turtlekiss: I was actually thinking about going to Batterson this weekend. I am not sure what to believe about that place.

DV: I usuall yfish all over the place, I have tried the CT river, Farmington River, Rainbow Res. I think i just stink when it comes to river fishing.

Catching anything using stickbait and jerkbaits it seems is almost impossible for me right now.
Dude fish stickbaits and cranks the farmington upper section and you will kill it... I have been look at pic came out of farmington last week...
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anointed130 wrote:
Turtlekiss: I was actually thinking about going to Batterson this weekend. I am not sure what to believe about that place.

DV: I usuall yfish all over the place, I have tried the CT river, Farmington River, Rainbow Res. I think i just stink when it comes to river fishing.

Catching anything using stickbait and jerkbaits it seems is almost impossible for me right now.

Don't say I didn't try to warn you. Be sure to bring a camera & share your "results." (snicker)

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
asianfisher

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Havent been to batterson this year yet but looks like imma have to go with a camera..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: