CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Spring Pond 04/15
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Spring Pond 04/15 Reply with quote

I drove down to Spring Pond with El Habañero and fished from 8:50 am to 1:05 pm. The north-northeast wind was a lot stronger than the forecast had led me to believe that it would be. I have no idea why, but the water level in the pond was about a foot higher than it was the last time that I was there.

I launched at the culvert on the west shore, and went down and around the south cove. After 45 minutes spent fighting the wind, I caught a 15 inch, one pound, two ounce largemouth bass near the southeast corner. It picked up a dead-sticked unweighted soft plastic crawfish lure off of the bottom in about six feet of water. I paddled alee of the south island for a while, before heading up the west shore to the north end. After I paddled across the north shore to the west side, I got a couple of panfish nibbles on a wacky Senko in the shallows of the northwest corner, but never saw the fish. I worked my way back along the north shore to the northeast corner and back down the east shore before heading off the water.

The bite was almost non-existent today. It was so slow that I considered trailing a small jig with a chunk of nightcrawler under a bobber behind my boat after I retrieved a big bobber with what looked like 100 pound test mono and a hook with a fresh nightcrawler on it in the northwest corner. I guess that the shore fisherman whom I saw out there earlier in the day was unwilling to get his feet wet to retrieve it after he somehow broke it off near the shore.

To anyone fishing for bass this weekend: Fish s - l - o - w- l - y. Very Happy

Last edited by PECo on Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
asianfisher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Spring Pond 04/15 Reply with quote

Phil normally id agree with ya pond or lake. fish in the river are more aggressive and is lil different. slow will produce but than again ya might just not get them cause they used to shit moving around faster.... Its open game to anyone... wish i could come but no ride to tow boat no more..... lol so ya snuck some time in huh.....
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm off to NY, now. Have a good weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you too. have safe trip
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a good time Phil. Make some time for bowfin attempt #1 next week.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: