CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Spring Pond 05/28
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Spring Pond 05/28 Reply with quote

I wasn't planning to go fishing today, but after talking with asianfisher (aka Billy) about his bunker snagging expedition, I just had to get out. So I ran down to Spring Pond with El Habañero and my black crappie rig from 2:00 pm to 6:45 pm. The weeds have grown in pretty thickly in most of the pond. The best crappie spot on the lake so far this year has been the southeast shore of the south island, but it has grown in so much there that I couldn't find any clear water in which to drop my jig. I went to my second best spot, which is on the east shore just south of the rocky beach and basalt boulder. I got my first crappie, a 12 inch keeper, at 2:15 pm. I got two more keepers, but lost the fourth one twice. One got off the hook away from the boat. The other one got off the hook beside the boat as I was trying to lip it. I ventured around the whole pond, but didn't get much. I landed the occasional sunny, a couple of short crappie, a small yellow perch and a five inch largemouth bass. Besides the carp that were frolicking in the weedy shallows of the south cove, the biggest fish that I saw all day was a 15 inch bass I paddled over next to the south shore of the north island. I ended up taking just the three keeper crappie home and had them for dinner. After three crappie meals this year, I have to say that I prefer white perch. The texture of crappie is just a little mushy, even when it's pan fried.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree that White perch is the better fish.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: