CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Spring Pond 06/10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Spring Pond 06/10 Reply with quote

I had a few hours to fish before taking my mother-in-law out for lunch, so I hit Spring Pond from 9:15 AM to 12:45 PM. The fishing was slow today. I made my way north across the middle of the pond, throwing a wacky worm and a small shallow-diving jointed Rapala. I got nothing, as I watched carp catch big air every 15 to 20 minutes all around the pond.

After an hour and a half, and as I got closer to the north end of the pond, I headed to the eastern shore where all the lilies are. I thought about swapping out the six-inch watermelon/red flake Senko that I had been throwing toward patches of weeds in the middle of the pond for a five-inch pumpkin/red flake Yum Dinger, but got lazy and didn't do it. Senkos are HEAVY baits to be fishing shallow.

As I was attempting to cast toward a narrow band of water hyacinths that lay parallel to the shore, the bail on my spinning reel flipped and the Senko went flying off the hook. I thought it landed in the woods at the edge of the water behind the hyacinths but, apparently, it hit the water because a there was a big series of splashes as a largemouth bass obviously attacked it. I said to myself, "Damn! I just lost a $1 Senko for nothing and probably scared off a decent bass", but I put a Dinger on the hook and threw it to the front edge at the north corner of the hyacinth bed anyway. Nothing happened, but I tried again. This time, my line started slowly moving and I was thrilled to find that I had hooked the bass. It was a very healthy looking fish and was 17 inches, 1 lb 13 oz. A little while later, I also caught a 12 inch bass a couple more hyacinth beds up the shore.

I didn't get so much as a nibble for the next hour, as I made my way quickly across the north end of the pond and down the western shore. When I left the pond, the sun was shining and I was getting a little hot. What happened to the forecast of overcast skies all day?

Last edited by PECo on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fishface

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Phil. where did you take MOM for lunch.

Tim
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Five Guys. And she bought!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: