CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Spring Pond 08/08
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Spring Pond 08/08 Reply with quote

I headed over to Spring Pond to kill some time this morning. I put El Habañero in the water at the culvert on the west shore of the south cove and fished from 8:15 am to 10:00 am. It was sunny and warm. There was no wind at first, but a slight north breeze rose while I was on the water. I worked my way counterclockwise around the cove. I threw a frog over the shallows on the west shore, but didn't get a hit until I headed east across the south shore. I set the hook on and boated a 15 inch largemouth bass:

It was nice to get yesterday's skunk off of the boat! Very Happy I tried to troll a silver Rapala Original Floater F07 up the east shore, but it swam too deep and kept fouling on weeds. When I got to the far northeast corner, I tied on a wacky rigged five inch green pumpkin/red flake Senko, but didn't get any hits on it. When it was almost time for me to leave, I tied on a silver Rapala Shallow Shad Rap SSR7 and trolled it back toward the culvert. It swims shallower than the F07, so it didn't foul on weeds as much. When I got to the south end of the north cove, I got a hit and boated a nice 11 inch white perch:

A funny thing is that I almost expected to catch a white perch at that spot, because I caught a few there last year. It's interesting how certain spots tend to hold certain kinds of fish. Now I can't wait to go back and hit it again.

Last edited by PECo on Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to catch dinner again.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kept it! I was hoping to get at least one more, but I'm getting more proficient at filleting, so it's not a big deal to fillet just one fish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: