CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Spring Pond 08/20
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Spring Pond 08/20 Reply with quote

I had some time to kill this morning, so I stopped at Spring Pond on my way home from the Red Cross in Farmington. When I arrived at my usual parking spot at the culvert on the west shore of the south cove, a guy in a green Pelican canoe was just getting off the water. It turns out that he's a lurker here on the site. He said that he'll join soon. Hey, Paul! Paul said that he caught a few small largemouth bass and one 17 incher on a soft plastic crawfish, I think. It was sunny and warm when I launched in La Calabaza at 9:40 am. As usual, I worked my way counter-clockwise around the south cove. I threw a soft plastic frog over the shallows on the west shore, but didn't get any hits. I switched to a wacky rigged five inch Senko and worked my way up the east shore in the cool shade. Nada. I went around the south island. Nothing. I went back to the culvert and got off the water at 11:10 am. Oh, well! I had a nice paddle, anyway. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: