CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Spring Pond 6/5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mep21

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Spring Pond 6/5 Reply with quote

I hit up Spring Pond from 4:00-8:30 PM last night. The pond has really started to get covered with weeds. I couldn't have been happier though because conditions were perfect for throwing a plastic frog.

The fishing was slow until the wind died down. .The closer it got to sundown, the more strikes I got on the frog. I missed a ton of hooksets until I finally got the patience to let the fish take it. Thanks to Daryl's advice of counting till five after the strike I was able to really improve my technique. I love the top water strike on a frog and I'm going to focus on getting better with them this summer.

As soon as I got it down I landed two or three smaller bass in the 12-13 inch range. Around 8 PM I finally struck big with a 17.5 Inch bass that had to be close to 2 Lbs:

Its been a slow start to the year and this was definitely my best fish so far. Felt good to get into a good sized bass again. I look forward to heading out again soon.
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I gotta remember to put my frogs in the car!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Mark.

Tim
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one! Those frogs can be fun and frustrating at the same time.
Daryl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Job Mark! Let's hope the bucket crew doesn't steal that one away from Spring Pond Laughing Laughing

Hope to fish with you soon buddy!

"Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers." - Herbert Hoover
Elixir

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fish Very Happy
BigSteve

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Fish! What Kind of Frogs do you like? I like Scum Frog Poppers and The Yum Money Frogs (although I;ve caught nothing on the Money frogs yet). I've had great luck with Berkely Power Frogs but can't find them around here.
mep21

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, I've really caught the most fish on just the simple Zoom Horny Toads. They really displace a lot of water on the retrieve and I find setting the hook on a plastic frog has been easier for me than on one of the hollow ones. I'm still trying to find which ones I like the best though. I just picked up some of the Ribbit Frogs to try, but with the success I'm having with the Zoom ones, it's going to be tough to switch right now.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give the Ribbits a chance - I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I highly recommend the Stanley DoubleTake hooks too. I use mostly black w/red flake Bull Ribbits.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: