CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Springfield, Ma
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nk1190

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Springfield, Ma Reply with quote

Currently in Springfield for a while and looking to enjoy the weather doing some fishing but I'm not really sure where to start. I'm willing to drive into the northern part of CT. If anyone knows of any good lakes or ponds in the area it would be greatly appreciated. I'm also willing to fish the CT river in the area but again not sure where there are some openings that seem to be good for fishing. Thanks, Nick.
RyanMalloy

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In suffield there's an old canal that runs along side the CT river... I fish that when i'm up at my military base and have caught some monsters there... Check it out on google earth
MSM07

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, i go to school in Chicopee and live in northern CT, so i know how you feel. I've heard of people catching smallies and schoolie striper in the river in chicopee near the fish ladder, but i dont know where to park or even if its legal to fish down near the ladder. In a week or two the schoolies should be up that part of the river, so if you can find a spot you might get lucky. If you have a kayak , its a little bit of a drive, but in somers there is a place called somers mill, there are some good largemouth in there, or if you go for trout they are in there, but tough to get because there is a lot of weeds. One more place i can think of is the longmeadow cove. If you come down 91 south and take exit 46 then take a right at the light, on the right about a 1/4 mile down the road take Manning street, down that street on the right there is a little spot to park and walk into the woods. Its a little bit of a walk, but its a cove of the river. THere are big largemouth down there, big catfish, northerns and big perch in there too. I would bring shinners down there, but rubber worms work good too. Up in belchertown I have also heard the Swift river is a good place to fish, never been, but my dad went up there a while ago and did pretty well.
DV

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live near enfield and haven't been to much around here expect the river, I normally go south to fish. But when I used to live up near Pittsfield Mass I had some really good fishing spots. About 45 min drive from you there is some really good fishing. I am not sure how far from Berkshire county you are but some of these spots are worth checking out. Pretty much every lake or river I checked out I caught fish at.

Onota lake in pittsfield holds tons of trout and has vast shore acces for Largemouth and Pike.
Pontusic lake has less shore access but holds a ton of carp and HUGE pike and also some tiger muskee.
The Deerfield River is a great trout fishery, and is very easy to fish.

Only two spots I know to fish near 91 in northern CT are Rainbow resivoir and the Farmington river about 20 minutes west of Enfield.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: