CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: squam lakes report
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoppy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: squam lakes report Reply with quote

went to squam lakes lastweekend from thursday to sunday. fished thursday afternoon, friday and saturday and left early sunday morning. our cabin was right on the water at the very bottom end of little squam by the covered wooden bridge. it was pretty sweet. able to dock the boat right there so that was a bonus also.

they didnt tell us there were no pillows or sheets in the cabin. it was decision time and it was an easy one. FISH FIRST then worry about finding pillows, sheets, blankets. we were off with my adrenaline off the charts. decided the best bet would be fish little squam today and head to big squam friday and saturday. off we went to find some smallies. it didnt take long and i guess within the first 15 minutes they started to come in the boat. my first three fish that i got in a span of about 15 minutes all went 2.5-3lbs. OH BOY THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN!!!! well it was from the time we started until we left them still biting on saturday evening.

big squam is just an amazing fishery. it was the most fast and furious smallie trip i have ever experienced anywhere. reefs, points, even coves were just loaded. it didnt matter where you went there are just so many smallies in that lake. if i had to pick one................it would be reefs.
i fished a dropshot almost all three days. with mojo worms and zoom trick worms mostly. watermelon with red flake was the hot bait but anyhting green seemed to work really well. didnt try anyhting else....why change whats works right??!!! anyway i cant even count the number of fsih i caught. it was pretty much one after another for three days straight. alot of sish in the 1-3lb catergory and of course a million runts. they were like piranahas.
if i got a dollar for evertime i lost a fish and then let it go back down and would hookup again......my trip would have been paid for. it was just silly at times.
i did find two coves that provided some good largie action. 4 or 5 fish in the 3-3.5class. mixed in were some smaller fish. they were all caught on a texas rigged baby brushog.again in watermelon redflake. all caught around wood and scattered clumps of grass. i wasnt suprised to also get some good smallies in these coves some holding on wood!!!!!!

cant wait to go back. had a blast. girlfriend loved the trip also. it was insane.

one more note.............smallies were puking up juvenile pearch alot. was pretty cool to see what they were eating in there. girlfirend loved that!!!!

reccomend this trip to anyone who wants to experience some crazy smallie fishing!!!!
slimecoat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great trip hoppy, Check out my report on Winni. under this topic, we were up there during the spawn, all smallies on beds everywhere. you talk about crazy. It was almost too easy, what beautiful country up there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: