CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Squam, Osipee, and Winona, N.H. 5-18 thru 5-21 Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slimecoat

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Squam, Osipee, and Winona, N.H. 5-18 thru 5-21 Reply with quote

Pointing dog and I, along with 4 other friends, hit New Hampshire hard last week. We fished Squam Lake for a day and a half, Lake Osipee for a long day, and Lake Winona for 6 hours. Almost all fish caught were off beds, and or were shallow.

Squam lake is the most beautiful lake I have beeen on in a long time. No wonder they decided to use it for the shooting of the film "OnGolden Pond", it still remains fairly untouched even now, loons, beavers, geese, crystal clear water etc., absolutely gorgeous. The smallies averaged about 2 to 2.5lbs. with a few 2lb. largemouth mixed in. I am guessing that in a day and a half, the 3 of us caught at least 125 fish.

Then we hit Lake Osipee, my personal favorite, for about 12 hours. The average fish there was over 3lbs., with a few fish over 4lbs. all caught from beds. Pointing dog caught a nice 3+lb. largemouth from a dock, that I'm sure he'll post a picture of. We caught about 60 fish on Osipee, not huge #'s but when they are mostly over 3lbs. it's a great day.

The last day we hit Lake Winona, which was ok, it was like fishing in Conn., except much clearer and cleaner water. A good mix of smallmouth and largemouth, just all on the small side, most fish were under 2lbs. We saw a couple big girls cruising but wouldn't bite.

Water temps. were high 50's to low 60's everywhere, except Winona they were in the mid 60's by the afternoon. The weather was great after we got through Mondays wind, rain, and 50 degree temps. Tuesday morning we woke to 28 degrees and a thick frost on the truck and boat, but warmed into the mid 70's that day, and the last 2 days got even better.

Pointing dog has all the pics, so when he gets done flying all over the globe, I'm sure he'll post some good ones.

Thanks again Pointing Dog for asking me along, I had a great time. This was a great trip that I would love to do again, as long as I can convince the CFO to let me go again next year.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job Gary, sounds like a blast.
<----- Jealous
BoSox46GSR

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, definitely sounds like a lot of fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-ReoBPl4mM
I'm having very good time! Good time for arr!
slimecoat

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, words can't describe the memories and the good times had by all. I can't wait until my 4 year old son is old enough to accompany me on these kinds of trips. Quality Time well spent on the water for sure. I forgot to mention the low doorway entering the cottage bathroom, that we both smacked the tops of our heads on more than once.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11 more days for me...Winnipesauki
BoSox46GSR

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slimecoat wrote:
Guys, words can't describe the memories and the good times had by all. I can't wait until my 4 year old son is old enough to accompany me on these kinds of trips. Quality Time well spent on the water for sure. I forgot to mention the low doorway entering the cottage bathroom, that we both smacked the tops of our heads on more than once.

Hmm.. what's the drinking age up there? Sounds like it's going to be a while for him Wink

slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well none of the drinking was done on the boat, that happened every night when we got back to the cottage, or went to a bar. I can do without that part of the trip when the time comes. I could have done without the slight hangover 2 mornings out of the 3 as well.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Here are the pics!!! Reply with quote

[/img]
pdcrack

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow i pitched a tent in my pants when i saw that first smallie, sick photos guys. Good job.
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking smallies guys. Sounds like a great trip!
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking fish!
BoSox46GSR

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you guys got some nice footballs there!

slimecoat

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo Sox you have no idea, at Osippee they were almost all footballs.

I was pitching a tent in my pants the whole trip. Great memories that nobody can ever take from you no matter how bad or depressing life gets.

Thanks for finally getting the pics up Pointing Dog, I'm surprised you didn't put up your 3lb. largemouth caught from the dock at Osippee, or the broke back fishing pics from the cottage bedroom, ooops, I forgot I wasn't supposed to mention that, sorry! Those 2 made their own power bait that night, I'm glad I was the one holding the camera taking pictures, and not on the giving or receiving end of that mess! Shocked Shocked Shocked Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not even going to ask??? Wink Very Happy
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im so glad you guys had a great time! And yes, I too am jealous as hell!!! Smile I love it up there. Someday when I buy a summer home up there you guys will have to come up! Smile I just need a job that pays a milion a year Smile

Great pics! Hey Steve, send me the video you guys got. I will post it up on the CTFishTalk YOUTUBE site!

- J.T.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: