CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Squantz Night 6/23/13 WITH THE SUPERMOON!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Squantz Night 6/23/13 WITH THE SUPERMOON!!! Reply with quote

Last minute call by a friend saying he wanted walleye got me off the couch. Got to the lake at 8ish. Didn't have any minnows because it was too late when we made the decision to go but i had a pack of nightcrawlers sitting aroun the house. Started out with a worm with a egg sinker on bottom, two rods with lighted bobbers and a nightcrawler 2 1/2 feet down, and a pearl colored x-rap. Immediately had fish playing with our stuff on the bobbers and pulled in a huge white perch. Since the supermoon was out i was hoping for walleye but there were soo many fish jumping everywhere it was difficult to get to the bottom. We tried staying away from the white perch and all and ended the night at 11:30 with a brown bullhead, and two large white perch.
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These past couple nights were perfect for walleye if you had minnows. Were going back sometime this week for a second shot with minnows.
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never knew there were white perch in Squantz
ReservoirDog

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I caught a white perch there that was probably very close to the state record many years ago but didnt know what it was OOPS I have a pic of it some where.
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its cause the white perch feed off of those huge alewifes. They perch in there are massive!
damage inc

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went the night before the super moon from 9-1 am caught 2 huge smallmouth on the beach. 4.5 lbs a piece! Alwives were jumping all over the place! we didnt fish in the beach but to the right and left of it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damage inc wrote:
Went the night before the super moon from 9-1 am caught 2 huge smallmouth on the beach. 4.5 lbs a piece! Alwives were jumping all over the place! we didnt fish in the beach but to the right and left of it.
Yep those alewives are giant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: