CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Squantz Pond 02/16
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishinguy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Squantz Pond 02/16 Reply with quote

Hit the ice around 12a. Lots of holes in the ice from other people giving it a go. Jigging with no luck, moved around but no changes. Saw a couple others with tipups out but not much going on from what I could see. Threw in the towel at 3p.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

squantz and candlewood are both a bust this year. i've been hearing better reports from marjoree resv (sp??) lately. might try there this weekend.
fishinguy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PBS, heard the same thing but decided to give it a shot. I was planning on going this weekend as well, maybe I'll see ya at marjorie.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool- i'll be in blue ice armor bibs- usually with 3 to 5 other guys- swing over and say hey if you see us.
fishtrout24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the mexicans that work with me been hitting the white perch liks crazy there

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PBS, will do, I'll be with my son. Hey fishtrout - perch sounds good to me!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:23 am    Post subject: Margerie Lake Reservoir Reply with quote

Margerie Lake Reservoir is a drinking water reservoir. Are you sure that fishing is allowed there?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi PECo- in the 18 years i've lived in the Danbury area we have always been able to fish on it. Some years they have made half a$$'d attempts to restrict access points (this year i've heard we can not get on the NF end behind the food center/post office) but they have never flat out not allowed us to fish it. I heard recently that they do not actualy use it for drinking water but i'm not 100% sure that's only what i heard- that might have something to do with why we can use it. I've also heard that you're supposed to have a special permit (Danbury residents only via town hall) to fish there but again in 18 years i've never been checked or heard of any one having a problem w/out one. I'm not saying any of that makes it leagal thats just been my experience.
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PBS - I tried to find info on the City of Danbury's website, but there's nothing listed. There are several posts on CTFishTalk about fishing Margerie, so I'd guess that any restrictions, if they exist at all, aren't enforced. If it ain't posted. . . .

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have actually looked online for some info about the reservoir but was also unable to find any restrictions on it...

PBS... I am from New Milford, but I didn't even know about the place, do you know what kind of fish are in there. I live in the city now but I occasionally come back on the weekends
PBS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Project- its in danbury/new fairfield off rt 37- it has white & yellow perch, lots of pickerel & catfish and some bass- a few years back some old timers hit it pretty hard and did a number on the big whites & yellows- because they're slow growers you have to cull through lots of small fish now for a few big ones but there's usually steady action- i go a few times a year w/ my son for the fun of it. i have not been on it yet this year but i've heard a few good reports recently. most winters its got good ice before the other local spots but this season the big wind we had at the turn of the year opened up a couple holes so i didnt go out on it. this weekend might be the maiden voyage.

**no power augers ** thats the one thing they do crack down on there.
project0615

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a nice spot PBS, thats for the info
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: