CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: SQUANTZ POND SURPRISE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rvolkers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: SQUANTZ POND SURPRISE Reply with quote

AFTER many failed attempts to catch a walleye i just plain gave up! Over the years i tried EVERYTHING the folks say to do to catch one BUT NEVER DID!

Saturday we were on the pond bass fishing throwing the usual stuff - senkos - tubes - kietecs ECT! We came up to nice lay day in BRIGHT SUN at around 1 in the afternoon threw in my senko (in about 6ft of water) and (LOL) my quest for a walleye was over! - took a picture and back in the water it went!

a fat 24 inches - a little over 5 pounds

the picture is on my facebook page (russ volkers) - to much trouble to go though to post here!
Pauleye

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: walleye Reply with quote

Great catch. I caught one on a topwater at Coventry Lake shallow targeting largies. Go figure! Using a Rebel Pop'R
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like its because we try so hard for them that we don't think of the simple things. Congrats on the first, that's just about what my first's size was. It also was around this time of year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: