CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: st. croix mojo bass or abu garcia veritas?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icefishingnewbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: st. croix mojo bass or abu garcia veritas? Reply with quote

Im stuck on which casting rod i should get i already know im getting a 100 dollar lews speed spool for it but stuck on which rod so which rod do you think i should buy?
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had much luck with St. Croix Mojo Bass rods. I have two broken ones in my garage, although they're spinning rods, not casting rods. Although I don't baby my tackle, both broke under what I consider to be normal fishing use. I have a third broken St. Croix rod in the garage, too, but it's not a Mojo Bass rod. I've never used a Abu Garcia rod. Right now, I'm partial to Shimano rods. Although I have two broken ones in my garage, neither broke under normal fishing use.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well ive hheard how st croix is amazing but then again mike iaconelli uses veritas rods for profeessional bass fishing and i heard their one of the lightest rods on the market.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightness is a nice quality in a bass fishing rod. Right now, I use Shimano Clarus, Compre and Crucial rods. Crucial rods are the lightest and, of course, the most expensive. Fortunately for me, though, I'm buff enough to handle the massive weight of the much heavier Clarus rods. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the vertas for about a month before the second from top eyelit broke. Used it only a few times. I had the 7ft with heavy action. It is a super light pole when matched with a nice real it was a good setup if it didnt break. I was actually thinking about getting a st croix crankbait glass rod.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: