CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Steelhead in by tips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avetcaster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Steelhead in by tips Reply with quote

Im trying to book a self guided trip to salmon river ny for some steel head fishing and was hoping someone had some tips about where to fish and maybe some low cost places to stay thanks
watthe555

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try asking asianfisher, i know he likes to go for steelhead, he can probably give you some tips
asianfisher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

again the if my friends bring people they will bring you to where i fish and thats not what you would get by getting a regular fishing guide. We catch fish and know where to get them. 9 times outta 10 we dont look for them they are where we go not like other guides that hunt for them with their clients. That is where they pay people like me in gas money and food to go look around for them so when they get the clients they go where we have found the most productive salmon spawning grounds... That is where you will find the most steelheads. Most people i know that go dont look for the beds and actually fish the beds to where you shouldnt you should be fishing behind the beds. cause just maybe just maybe the steelheads are waiting for those eggs to drop... but thats not rocket science... lmfao.... they aer in so are the coho's and the browns are coming up right now too...
RobO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this link and it will bring you to a map of fishing pools on the Salmon river.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/39992.html

Best thing you can do it get a guide to show you not only how to fish for steelhead but also show you some decent spots.

Hope this helps..

The map really helped me find the pools.

Let me know how you do..

Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: