CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Carp Fishing in CT
Viewing Topic: Still trying to get on the board!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Still trying to get on the board! Reply with quote

Third carp outing and I was hoping to finally get on the board! Lack of experience wasn't an issue, as I was fishing with Iain Sorrell and one of his friends Pete among a few others. Mother Nature, however, was still plotting against me with shifting winds, an inch and a half of rain the night before, and cold temps. Six or seven folks in all, and the only catches were a few small cats. However, it was a fun day spent with some great folks and I learned a ton about carp fishing. It's not bad to have an entire morning with some truly world class anglers willing to share their sport. I joined the CT Carp Anglers Group, and despite my lack of initial success, am pretty excited about pursuing these fish. Big thanks to Iain and Gary at CT Outfitters for putting together the seminar and outing.
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You haven't caught carp before? Even as a child?
They used to be one of my favorite things to catch as a kid. My dad lives on a pond full of them and they were relatively easy to hook up with. Fighting them on ultralight with 4lb line was great. I don't think i ever landed one more than 6 or 7lbs but it was good fun.
I haven't tried for them in a very long time.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carp fishing is awesome and pretty easy.

We tried it FIRST time this year and caught 5+ fish in 1-2 hours of fishing (2 were 3feet+ monsters).

I LOVE the idea of throwing the line in the water, letting it sink and wait for that pull while you enjoy the nature/scenery.

Carp fishing has made me not care for ANY other game fish (too much work, not enough reward).

They also put up the best fight IMO....
ChaoSki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crest Daddy wrote:
You haven't caught carp before? Even as a child?
They used to be one of my favorite things to catch as a kid. My dad lives on a pond full of them and they were relatively easy to hook up with. Fighting them on ultralight with 4lb line was great. I don't think i ever landed one more than 6 or 7lbs but it was good fun.
I haven't tried for them in a very long time.

I would not recommend fishing for carp with 4lb line.

Heck, my 20lbs braid breaks ALL the time.......we use 40 and even 80lbs lines. ANY sun damage and those break as well.

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Carp Fishing in CT All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: