CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Trout Fishing
Viewing Topic: Stocking?!?!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
damage inc

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Stocking?!?! Reply with quote

They tell us what rivers they stock and how many fish they put in but how about the lakes? where can I find the number on that. And is it true they stocked Mt Tom with Walleye this past fall?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they stocked walleye into mt tom, 840 fingerlings to be exact. Heres the stockings and stuff that happened this past year http://www.ct.gov/deep/lib/deep/fishing/quarterly_reports/inlandfishquarterlyreport.pdf

As for the lakes im not too sure, i want to know if squantz is good for the trout but i dont know if they have stocked it because of the ice condition. I know they stocked it early last year but there wasnt any ice so that might be why. Plus the weather changes their time of stocking. Theyre not going to take thousands of fish on the roads when there is ice on some roads and snow in some parking lots. Maybe if you called them they might tell you but im not sure.
avidangler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthEastFisherman wrote:
Yes they stocked walleye into mt tom, 840 fingerlings to be exact. Heres the stockings and stuff that happened this past year http://www.ct.gov/deep/lib/deep/fishing/quarterly_reports/inlandfishquarterlyreport.pdf

As for the lakes im not too sure, i want to know if squantz is good for the trout but i dont know if they have stocked it because of the ice condition. I know they stocked it early last year but there wasnt any ice so that might be why. Plus the weather changes their time of stocking. Theyre not going to take thousands of fish on the roads when there is ice on some roads and snow in some parking lots. Maybe if you called them they might tell you but im not sure.

I was just looking at that site.
Here is one i found informative about the Farmington river TMA.

http://www.ctfishguides.com/Kierrian%20Article%201%20survivor.html

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Trout Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: