CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Stolen tackle bag Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DV

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Stolen tackle bag Reply with quote

This morning my green cabelas tackle bag was stolen out of my car in windsor locks, sometime between 4am till 11am. This bag had/has close to $1500 worth of tackle in it, I had atleast 75 hard baits ranging in price from $5-$15 and tons of jigs/spinner baits and soft plastics. There was a total of 3 plano boxes in it, 2 full size and one slim. One full size Plano held jigs and trailers and the other held brush hogs ands worms with the skinny one holding x-raps, husky jerks and poppers. There is also a smallers waterproof box in the front that held termial tackle and a cd ppuch on the side that held spinner baits. There was also a plano sized soft bag that held soft plastics and says "sprint" on the top.

If you see this tackle bag anywhere either call the windsor locks PD at 860-627-1461 or Me (Derek) at 860-965-9101.

And to the person that stole this, I hope for your sake I never find you.
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: That sucks! Reply with quote

Were you at home when it was stolen?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck - check the pawn shops in that area. I hate thieves.

Justin
DV

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was out fishing with my brother for fathers day, I have a much smaller tackle tray for trout that I had with me.. My car was parked on his street in a quite neighborhood.

Can you pawn tackle?
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Ouch! Reply with quote

So it was stolen while you were out fishing? That really sucks!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pawn shop owners will buy anything they can make money on. You 1500 tackle bag could have been pawned for 30$ or so at a pawn shop. If you do see it at a pawn shop, they take a picture of the person that sold it to them and take down the persons drivers license number.

Justin
DV

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just made a list of the contents that I can remember and its $1037, it took me years to collect all that stuff and thats not including the stuff I forgot about. What is weird about the situations is I had another tackle tray filled with hard baits next to the bag, 3 rods, a fish finder, another half full tackle bag and other stuff in the car.

All the tackle I had left is crap I don't use or half used plastics, and now I am out a digital camera with non backed up photos on the sd card.
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it was a junkie, they most likely fenced it at a pawn shop. Do a search on all the pawn shops in that area and pay them a visit. Most people that steal are just looking for dollars for their next fix and the pawn shops are a great outlet to get quick cash. Do it today cause it may be gone tomorrow.

Justin
AustinB

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a F*****G Asswipe!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I hate people who steal and if some crackhead that stole it and sells it, that money buys them a bad batch of crack and it kills em' Evil or Very Mad Exclamation I feel bad for you and know how you feel. when i was about 11 i got a clam 5600 for christmas and the next year it was stolen when we left real quick to get some bait.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn that sucks man! hate to ask but were your doors locked or windows down?
or did they have the balls to do a smash and grab during the day? tackle isnt cheap and i hope that somehow you recover your stuff. i have a bunch of hard baits that i dont use. they are yours if your willing to replace some hooks. since they never really got used the hooks have seen better days due to rust. let me know and ill round up a box for you of them.
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

derek, don't waste time with the pawn shops, you can call them and most of them will cooperate with you. Nothing worse than getting your hard earned possessions stolen by a degenerate thief. Let us know how you make out man. I feel for you man, I have been there.

Justin
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

List of pawn shops in CT:
http://www.pawn-shops.net/state_page.php?stateid=CT
I'm not much help. Sorry. Sad

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
DV

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always always lock my doors but I wasn't quite thinking right at 4am and had left my driver side door unlocked. I filed a police report with an itemized list, if the person is found it a class D felony and I am pressing charges. I called a bunch of pawn shops and told them to be on the look out and will call more tomorrow. I really did not think twice about locking my door, I was in a suburban area with relatively no crime. I really can't imagine it would end up at a pawn shop, I am still pretty much in awe.

What a way to ruin a day, I had just came back from a pretty good fishing trip catching 2 dozen trout with a few 4-5lb footballs. I've spent 5-6 years collecting all that stuff, some of it never even seeing use. Granted a lot of it I never used that much if at all, but I just spent a good amount in the last few weeks on jigs, plastics and a bunch of tru tungsten.
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DV,

Keep an eye on Craigslist.com too. I'll check it too from time to time.

I hate when this crap happens. I had my dirt bike stoken twice, found out it was by the Chief of Police's son.

All my gear is protected by GOD and a GUN. If I catch them, they just might get to meet both of them.

Best of luck finding your equipment.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn man...that totally sucks. Hopefully you will be able to track it down. I'll keep an eye out for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: