CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Stop and think before you take fish home
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ploplopfizzfizz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:44 am    Post subject: Stop and think before you take fish home Reply with quote

Last Night as Quint , Soccer Mom and I were taking the boat out of the water in Clinton.Some guy who took his boat out before us asked me if I wanted his fish because he was probably just going to throw them away.

First and foremost you are a asshole.Why take natures resource if you are not going to use your catch.Oh did you take the fish just to impress the girl you had on your boat.Are you going to take your fish home and snap a couple of pics just to wrap them and throw them in the garbage can.Its people like you who ruin fishing for me.

If we take a fish it gets eaten.Also I feel guilty many times when I take a creature that has lived for such a long time only to be taken for selfish reasons.I prefer catch and release and someone like you should do the same.

If you are not going to clean and eat your catch or have it mounted bring a fucking camera on the boat snap a picture and let the fish go.

Anyway that is my rant for this morning.
Think before you do stupid shit!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree. The same thing happened to me the other day. I got back from fishing the race and a guy had a 35# laying on the dock. He asked me if I wanted it. I asked him why he kept it if he wasn't go to eat it. He said he gives it to his friends. I told him I would be glad to take it as I would rather see it wasn't killed for nothing. I had 4 friends over last night and we had a great striper meal.

I usually only eat 1 striper a year and a blue. The rest are caught and released.

Justin
ploplopfizzfizz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quint and I have some good recipes for those buggers if u want some ideas let us know.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES !!!!!!! Great thing to hear !!! Cool I take just what i'm going to eat except Tuna. Giants go to market and Smalls get cut loose !! . however there is one Exception, Dogfish ! They are "Endangered" (As soon as they reach my gunnel).

Don

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: