CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Stub Pond 06/22
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Stub Pond 06/22 Reply with quote

After I dropped off my daughter at the dojo, I shore fished Stub Pond from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm. There was only the barest hint of clouds in the sky. The air temperature was about 80 degrees and there was a steady five mile per hour west wind. The weeds have grown in fully since the last time I was there. I decided to start fishing from the power line that hangs across the pond to the shallows on east end of the pond:

I threw a Bull Frog Booyah Poppin' Pad Crasher Frog as I worked my way along the south shore of the pond. I was able to cast it almost all the way across to the north shore. I made it to the east end of the pond without getting a single hit or swirl on it. And as I started heading back toward the powerline, I lost it to a tree on the other side of the pond. Twisted Evil I tied on a Bullfrog Zoom Horny Toad on a 4/0 Trokar Swimbait Hook, and worked my way past the power line and toward the spillway:

It wasn't until I approached the spillway at 11:40 am that I spooked a school of fish with the Horny Toad and finally got a hit on it. I set the hook and waterskied the largemouth bass back to shore over the weeds:

I fished from the spillway without getting another hit on the Horny Toad, so I swapped it out for a wacky rigged Pumpkin (Orange) with Large Black Flake five inch Senko with an O-ring on a Number 4 Gamakatsu Octopus Circle Hook, before heading back toward the power line. At 12:15 pm, I spooked another school of fish with it and got a bite from what turned out to be the lunker, a one pound, 13 ounce largemouth bass:

I lost the orange Senko, so I put a Black Senko on the hook. At 12:37 pm, it also worked:

I lost the black Senko, so I put a Watermelon Slice Laminate Senko on the hook. At 12:46, it worked, too:

At 12:57 pm, I got my "Just One More" only three minutes before I had to leave to pick up my daughter from the dojo:

After complaining about the cold all Winter, I hate to say this, but 80+ degree weather is too darned HOT!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's Connecticut! Stick around 10 minutes,the weather will change!
One extreme to the next.
At least you didn't get disappointed while killing time waiting for you're daughter.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
therieldeal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avidangler wrote:
That's Connecticut! Stick around 10 minutes,the weather will change!

i feel like people say this about the weather in every single place.

Still searching for some toothy critters big enough to be worth weighing...
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You "senko chucker" lol Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: