CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Stub Pond 07/20
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Stub Pond 07/20 Reply with quote

I paddled a kayak on Stub Pond from 8:25 am to 10:10 am. I went to the opposite end of the pond and up a small stream that feeds into it. The entire pond appears to be shallow and weedy. The deepest water that I saw was no deeper than three feet. Half of the pond is covered with wet hair weed or whatever it's called. It's holds water and would clump up on my paddle from time to time. I got one good hit with a frog, but missed the hookset. The only fish that I landed was a short largemouth bass with a wacky Senko:

If I were to paddle there again, I'd probably throw a weighted Texas-rigged worm or creature bait between the clumps of weeds to the bottom of the deepest water that I could find.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil

When you get comfortable with a baitcaster spooled up with braid, a half to one ounce tungsten weight in front of a texas rigged creature bait, you'll come to see what a game changer it can be.

It is to shallow water what the dropshot is to deeper water in the summertime.
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sound like flippy! Surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: