CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Summertime Night Tourny CANCELLED Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
metalfish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djmon wrote:
candy could be fun; Laughing

i'll have a few of the skeet reese tessera series rods by the tournament and it'll look like a light saber in the night jigging and moving around as i cast and then BOOM! a nice big bow will be seen in the darkness as i set on a smallie Shocked

Stratos17- i understand where he's coming from with partners- especially when its an all nighter and flippy is strapped thong ready Shocked Shocked Shocked

haha- in all serious now.....
flippy is right with what hes saying in regards with the jet skis, drunks, or even the "pleasure boaters". would a smaller lake benefit; in some aspect sure but it would take away greatly as well. for starters lets compare this, regardless of how ever many hours we stay out; who'd rather go to somewhere such as "black pond" (using it as an example cause it was brought up and im not familiar with the other one) and spend the night fishing there for if your lucky a few bites, few bass weighted in. or would you rather make the time worth while and truely a test against the other boats where each boat could bring in a limit and play the ounces game.

secondly as flippy also said in regards to if you dont like it the dont fish...... well to look at this group of people on the site you could almost put everyone in two groups perhaps a third if need be. there are some of us that when a tournament comes up we sign up, put our name in w/e, the day comes and whether its 80's and no wind or 40's and down pour we're sitll fishing regardless. for the selective boaters if they sign up for a tournament with the knowledge of having a co angler they understand that responsibltie and commitment to that other person and don't bail out in the last minute just the same as some co anglers which in that sense 90% of the time that co angler may not even matter to that angler. on tournaments such as these however where flippy is wasting time waiting on people to get back to him of why they havent contacted their co anglers, and he has people waiting such as with the ice out- well basically its like this, these tournaments are being done to give some new faces a chance to get a small idea to what its like to compete; nothing more is being asked of you if you chose to sign up then to be there, be understanding of whats asked of you and enjoy yourselfs. input on places, is important and is asked yes, but in the end its his say and his tournaments and if it doesnt fit you then no one is forcing you to fish; your only being offered the opportunity. just a final thought- for the people (especially the ones who it was there first tournament at silver and hoped to do more) if you ever go past little $20-30 pay in tournaments and join a club or trail that is set in advance and your either fishing for example 7-3 numberous days regardless of the weather or your wasting your money that you paid to become a part of the club.

Very well said. Thumbs Up
I am very glad that Flippy is doing this. I have always wanted to try fishing tournaments. Well I have my first ever this Sunday, and I am so ready to try it and meet a great group of fisherman and fisherwomen. I hope this continues here.
Thanks Flippy
djmon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

metalfish- glad to hear it. hope to see you at more then just this one.
i know various types of guys that fish tournaments; some just for the money and if they're not first then theyre day is shot to hell. then theres some that fish them for the bragging rights and if money is involved then thats an added bonus and some that hell they fish them just to compete and get out to meet new people to fish with. when i'm out fishing three things are going through my head. competing against the other boats; whether a team tournament or just against the other nonboaters, competing against the fish, and competing against myself.

now being a nonboater/coangler there are plenty of times that you may not get any say where that boat goes whether you know a spot or not, so the mind set of competing against the other people can only go as far as to what i'm capable of doing where ever the boater decides to go.

that ties more into competing against the fish. the feeling of competing against what you can't see; with the exception of eletronics. i have an 8ft porta bote, no "toys" on it. so i have to just go off what i know. picking the right colors, right weights, sizes, which baits for the time of the year to get the fish to bite. with that i am also competing against myself ultimating. if i can make the right choices in the time given to me to pull off a limit then i can be satisfied in the end. there are days where you can hook into 10-15 fish no problem, more even. then theres days where you can do everything right and just not be in the right place at the right time like on silver at the last tournament. but in the end with each day out the most important thing to think of whether a tournament or a fun trip is whether you caught a fish or not make sure you learned something new so your just that much better next time

now...... i may have much more going through my mind then a few others here Laughing Laughing but all in all this sport is what makes me happy and keeps me sane. whether its going out and lines freezing up, almost loosing fingers to the cold (stratos17) going after flippy's boat, or going on candlewood and catching a 16lb bag.... everything has its place.

theres a bunch of people on this site that i have learned alot from; hope the tournament goes well for you and even if now. hope you enjoy yourself regardless and come back for more
flippy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Djmon, well said, I should have had you answer some questions, And Metalfish, this is going to be your first one, uh oh no sleep for you Laughing
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone, and especially Jim - Sorry if any of my suggestions were taken as criticism. A smaller lake would solve the problem of 1 a.m. jet-skiiers. Allowing small boats would allow for more participation. A slow speed limit would fix the no lights issue. I offered a solution for the livewell issue, but I admit don't know anything about tournaments or any official rules you need to follow. If the fish must be kept in a livewell, then that's the rules and I won't argue. Really, I was just thinking how much it would suck to be one of the 8 p.m. fish. I just do a lot of night fishing...enough that I feel like I should be contributing.

Again, my apologies...not trying to cause drama.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Djmon, you are not going to sleep the night before. The ice out was my first tourney ever and I didnt sleep at all the night before and was an hour early for meeting up with my fishing partner. As the day was probably the worst fishing ive ever experienced, it was still awesome to get out and meet some new guys and learn a lot.....
On twenty-pound test "
djmon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah- use to be like that. Now I rig everything up the night before; load the car, head to bed and depending where the tournament is depends what time I wake. Candlewood is usually 3am.
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my bad it qwas confusing i meant that towards metalfish.
On twenty-pound test "
djmon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha. No problem. But agreed; my first tournament I couldn't sleep either- it was on candlewood with a club I just join. I never fished candlewood prior, never fished with the boater I had. Got some tips from a few people on what to use at the time of the year which to be honest I never really used. The format was everyone against each other including angler bs co angler on the same boat. My boater had 4 out of 5 fish for around 6 pounds before I even had a keeper. I was throwing a Xr50 rattlebait and hooked into my first keeper; a nice 4.2 lb smallie. 5-10mins later hooked into a 4.5 lb smallie. By the end of the day I had 4 fish for 11.11lbs (missed my limit fish 2 times; second time he came off as my boater was pulling out the net). My boater had 9.11lbs
with 5 fish. I finished 6th out of 12 for my first tournament. Definatly a great day on the water
toptech

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this thread is out of control...I know I put my two cents in and now that I look back I realize I shouldnt have.

This is Flippy's tourney...its awsome of him just to go through the trouble of setting up any tourney. It must be hell because there is no way to please everyone.

As someone said before....if you want to fish it....fish it....if you dont like the way its set up...dont fish it...and do your own tourney your style and see what he is going through....bet you will not think the same after that.

There used to be a lot of people setting up tourneys on this site and because of what they have to go through just to fish....they stopped.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its nice to see, that people are appreciating what Im trying to do, Thank you, Like TopTech said it is impossible to make everybody happy, I thought this year I would try doing tournys on this sight, and for the most part Im happy,for the guy that pm me, I was just kidding about peeing in the boaters livewell, just pee in a cup or pee off the boat(secretly), the boater I think would look at you and freak out if you peed in his livewell, Even though that WOULD BE FREAKIN FUNNY.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flippy wrote:
I was just kidding about peeing in the boaters livewell, just pee in a cup or pee off the boat(secretly), the boater I think would look at you and freak out if you peed in his livewell.

Yeah, good luck with your "secret" peeing, guys...lemme know how it goes when your boater catches you mid-stream. And good luck getting the stream started, BTW. That's not awkward at all.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
metalfish

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marinate the bait is what I call it Laughing
pdcrack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"if peein your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis!"
metalfish

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdcrack wrote:
"if peein your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis!"

Laughing
flippy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must cancel this tourny I have voluntered to take a veteran fishing, its a program where we volunter our time and take a veteran fishing, I will be taking 2 veterans out that day, It will probably be on the news, it was last year, anyways I like to see a veteran smile and have fun, THATS THE LEAST I COULD DO, FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE FOR US, by the way, these are permenantly, injured veterans,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: